- If you love penguins or would like to know more about these charismatic creatures thenSANCCOB’s specialist ‘behind the scenes’ tour is a must.Our trained guide will take you and your party on an exclusive private tour through the SANCCOB centre where you will get a glimpse into the working life of a busy seabird hospital to see how the birds are cared for, treated and fed …. and if you’re lucky you’ll get to have a personal penguin encounter with our ambassador penguin.
SANCCOB TABLE VIEW CENTRE
- Monday – Friday 10:00 – 16:00 (excluding public holidays).
- Saturday 10:00 – 16:00
- Sunday 10:00 – 14:00
Behind the Scene Tour
- Max of 10 for a behind the scene tour of our centre (tour guides included), other groups/individuals can join the tour.
- R50 p/p.
- A Telephonic/email bookings will be accepted for behind the scene tour (must be done at least 1 day in advance).
- Duration of behind the scene tour 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Max of 10 for a children’s tour of our centre.
- Children pay R50 p/p and parents pay R25 p/p.
- Tour includes a shortened 30 minute tour of our facility followed by a 30 minute activity of arts and crafts, story time or games!
Full Day Tour
- Max of 25 for a full day tour of our centre (tour guides included).
- R200 p/p.
- Tour includes an academic presentation, a full behind the scenes tour of our facility, an encounter with one of our ambassador birds, bird watching at Reitvlei and a lunch.
Tours are weather permitting (as the centre is not covered) and also set on availability of staff members.