Where two oceans meet and about as close to paradise as you can get.
Perched on the ocean’s edge, Whale Huys has beautiful unobstructed sea views from all living areas, dining areas and bedrooms. Fall asleep and wake to the sound of the waves gently lapping at the rocks below. Each bedroom opens out onto its own sea front balcony. The uninterrupted panoramic views of Walker Bay and the surrounding mountain range extend up to Hangklip and even the Cape of Good Hope on a clear day.
The area is rich in culture and things to do. Elim, a world heritage village, is 30 minutes away. Active adventures also abound, including wilderness and beachside horseback riding, South Africa’s shark cage diving capital, Kleinbaai, is just 10 minutes away. In fact, you can see all of the ‘Marine Big 5’ within a 15 minute radius of the villa, and most of them right from the villa.) Some of South Africas best wine estates are also just a short drive away.
Combining the warmth and character of traditional thatched roof architecture with the luxury of a modern holiday villa, Whale Huys has conveniences like DSTV Premium satellite TV, wireless internet and a laptop you can use to check your mail or surf the web.
- Direct ocean front property with spectacular ocean views from every room
- 4 en-suite bedrooms each with its own ocean-side balcony
- Free and unlimited wireless internet throughout & computer corner
- Living room with slow combustion wood burning fireplace
- Rim-flow salt-water swimming pool with large deck
- Fully equipped kitchen, Pool-side kitchenette and outdoor braai area with large terrace
- Excellent land-based whale watching (June – November)
- Ideally situated for Easy access to the nature and culture of the Overberg, Western Cape